Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Group Ride 05/01/2014 - Observers in charge
BladeVFR
Pro
Post Group Ride 05/01/2014 - Observers in charge
on: January 5, 2014, 18:05

because ....... there were only Observers today. 🙂

The first ride of the year started off a little 'fresh' (but, importantly, no frost on the road outside my house), and was forecast to get less cold.

Keen attendees were John W and Kevin M as duty Observers, and Matt J, Gary W, Chris D and me.

We split into traillie bikes (not sure a Versys is quite a traillie 😉 ) and sports bikes (not sure a CBF1000, or a Fazer or for that matter a CBR600FA qualify 😉 ) but everyone was happy to go along with that.

I led to Aylsham where Kevin delivered a good debrief. Kevin then led to Thursford where Gary took over to get us to Cley, where we had a couple of debriefs and meaningful discussion over coffee/tea and cake/teacake.

A very rewarding and useful ride for all of us. It's good to have the chance to chat about riding and Observing.

kevro
Post Re: Group Ride 05/01/2014 - Observers in charge
on: January 5, 2014, 20:53

Blimey mate. You beat me to it..... Yup, a nice fresh start to what was pretty much perfect winter riding conditions. The common greeting as each observer turned up was along the lines of 'are you mad', True to say it was a fairly sharp start to the day but a cup of hot coffee followed by buckets of blue sky and sunshine ensured a lovely ride out.

Peter decided to test me on advice for his slow riding (as a test I think; and hope). After telling him not to drop the bike, I could see he was after more serious analysis though.

Great to ride with Peter and Gary both of whom were free with (welcome) advice for a new observer!

One or two very shiny roads provided some guess work but all went well and a good time was had by all.

I even made it to a lunch with friends just about on time, so brownie points also remained intact.

🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.