Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thorpeness Ride-out
versys1000
Post Thorpeness Ride-out
on: March 16, 2014, 19:03

Hi All
It has only taken me nearly 2 years to finally get on this site.I would just like to thank my fellow riders for today,s excellent ride in the wonderful spring like weather. On arriving at Tesco,s their was an extremely good turn out. Eventually 6 groups of four and 1 of 5 set off for the lake at Thorpeness.
My group consisted of 3 very proficient riders. Ian leading the way to Old Buckiingham on his CBR excellent pace.Deciding at the start of the ride we had our first rolling change with David on his Transalp heading towards Diss. Progressing nicely we headed out on the B1077. On leaving Shelfhanger another group pulled out ahead off us, as we were not causing any hindrance to other vehicles we kept the groups moving. I at this time was riding 2nd position and realising we may have a problem on entering Diss so tried to hold my group up a little,Dave had other idea,s?? Pulling over into a siding for us to catch up.I then lead the group through to Stradbroke along the winding B1117 Pulling up just passed our Right turn onto the B1118 were we had a little rest on the wall by the church in the lovely sun.Quick check of the route with the map,and 180 degree turn to pick up the B1118 Dennington road. Mike was now leading on his VFR and took us the remaining ride to Thorpeness.Another wonderfully progressive ride.Again thanks to my group. 😀
Cheers Chris Dade(observer) Versys 1000

BladeVFR
Pro
Post Re: Thorpeness Ride-out
on: March 18, 2014, 09:08

Hi Chris, excellent ride 'report' - well worth the two year wait 😉

Unfortunately it emphasised that I missed a great ride as, sometimes happens at this time of the year, I find myself stuck in a sports hall playing badminton ( 🙁 ) when I much rather be out on the bike enjoying the company of like minded riders.

It's likely to be nice next Sunday as well as I'm going to miss that ride as well for the same reason 🙁

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.054 seconds.