Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: !st meeting at Dunston Hall
versys1000
Post !st meeting at Dunston Hall
on: March 21, 2014, 17:05

A very good attendance last night at an extremely informative talk concerning Motorcycle apparel. 🙂 Kate from Hide-out was an expert in her field and was able to provide a good insight as to wether Leather,s or Textiles are best?????? Talking about manufacture, right through to cleaning of clothing.
Thanks Paul for making this possible Chris Dade 😛

Framey
Advanced
Post Re: !st meeting at Dunston Hall
on: March 21, 2014, 18:51

Kate was a pleasure ;- )
It was very informative, and not a hard sell. Good choice Paul, well done !

BladeVFR
Pro
on: March 22, 2014, 19:34

Excellent talk by Kate.

I feel a rideout to Hideout (did you see what I did there?! 😉 ) coming on. Anyone interested?

gaz
on: March 25, 2014, 22:55

It inspired me to finally clean my suit. Peter mentioned Norwich camping stocked Storm cleaning products, but unfortunately they no longer stock it. The nearest stockists was Wymondham clothing but they have ceased trading as of October, didn't know that. Used the Nikwax I had in the garage when I originally bought the suit about three years ago, now waiting for a nice wet day to see if it's still waterproof!!!

versys1000
on: March 26, 2014, 15:46

Ditto Gary. I too have pains takenly washed and re proofed all my gear with the Nikwax TechWash, and their TX wash in reproofer.Put on the line to ease then whilst still damp, a final coating of the Tx spray proofer. All leather patches re polished with Black shoe polish finished off with some Granger Leather wax. All nice and supple know. We shall see if the £26.00 spent on the products was worth the money or been better off putting towards another suit. Gloves were also thrown in machine, but they are still drying out. 😀

BladeVFR
Pro
on: March 27, 2014, 09:05

Gary, I got the Storm twin pack (wash and proof) literally a couple of weeks ago - it was at a special price, so you must have been very unlucky for them to have sold out.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.