Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2015 Trip to The Lakes
BladeVFR
Pro
Post 2015 Trip to The Lakes
on: June 2, 2014, 09:41

After many trips to The lakes (both with and without motorbikes) I wondered if anyone would be interested if I organised a trip there next year - say June'ish?
Possible itinerary could be .....

6 days - 1 day there, 4 days riding and/or walking (see below), 1 day back

Ride up would be some scenic routes (Caistor Tops, Humber Bridge, Yorkshire Moors), and unfortunately but necessary to get there in reasonable time, some main roads (A1, A66)

4 days to choose from ....
Ride - Hartside, Kielder, and back
Ride - 5 Passes, Kirkstone, (the Struggle!), Wrynose, Hardknott, Whinlatter, Honister and possibly Martindale (I once saw a postcard with 6 passes on it) time permitting
Ride - Devil's Bridge, Hawes, Middleton in Teesdale, Hartside
Walk - Ullswater Walk, arguably the most beautiful walk in the Lakes
Walk - Helvellyn, for the fit and adventurous, and weather permitting
Walk - Aira Force, magnificent (mostly) waterfall in easy walking distance

I would provide routes and lead the riding groups. I would give directions for the walks (get on Ferry to Howtown and walk back! 😉 )

We would be based in Glenridding so early booking (February?) would be necessary to ensure getting accommodation for a group.

This trip would be open to all members, Full and Associate, for all kinds of bikes, with or without pillions. If you have a non-member friend who'd like to come along then I'm sure we can accommodate them.

Please let me know if you would be interested.

BladeVFR
Pro
Post Re: 2015 Trip to The Lakes
on: October 5, 2014, 17:54

Just to bring this back onto peoples radar ...... perhaps June 2014 was a bit early for people to be thinking of June 2015! 😉

As Neil has put his 2015 Scotland trip dates on a firm basis I will be looking to arrange this at least two weeks apart from his dates. Sorry to still be vague about this but I'll need to know if there is any interest in this before I put up any dates for consideration.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.