Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sunday ride to Sea Palling - TYRE
BladeVFR
Pro
Post Sunday ride to Sea Palling - TYRE
on: August 17, 2014, 19:09

As well as doing the ride I did take the opportunity to check out the route I set up on TYRE for download.

My Sat Nav (Garmin 350LM) threw a bit of a wobbly (technical term 😉 ) in Lenwade where it seemed to miss that I had ridden through the way point.

I have revisited the route using maximum zoom in TYRE and on my Sat Nav and it would seem there may be a slight discrepancy between the mapping from TYRE to my Garmin as I definitely placed the way point on the main road (A1067) in TYRE, but it appears slightly off the main road on my Garmin.

If anyone else had this problem (I had to skip the way point to stop it trying to get me to U-turn) then I apologise but there is nothing I can do about it.

I had a similar display going through North Walsham but that seemed to sort itself out and did not try to get me to U-turn.

If you do use the download and find any discrepancies/errors then please let me know so I can correct the route on TYRE for the next time that route comes round.

I guess the point to take from all this is that the Sat Nav is just another navigational aid and should not be relied upon 100%. You still need to look at the route on a map.

Shooter560
Post Re: Sunday ride to Sea Palling - TYRE
on: August 17, 2014, 21:57

I've got a Garmin 600 and your route was spot on, well I think it was as we didn't have to do any U turns or re-route, well not until Rob turned us off on a different road out the back of North Walsham, but as he was leading I wasn't worried and we did some nice single track roads round the back way to Sea Palling.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.