Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sunday Ride To Sea Palling
versys1000
Post Sunday Ride To Sea Palling
on: August 17, 2014, 17:43

Been absent for a while. 🙁 Slap on the wrist.Being on Observer duty does make you make the effort. Any how very good turn out this morning.Always the usual faces with some new ones I have not seen before. Excellent turn out of observers, but I feel perhaps that was due to Matt giving out their indentifiable Caps. 😯 Having got everyone into their groups, we had 5 groups of 4 and 1 of 3 I am pleased to say every one set of at good intervals making it a lot easier on the observers part to organise the crowd.Once every one was off, my group consisting of Daniel and Vanessa, Gary(Shooter 560) and incredibly our Chairman Rob, set off. Gary leading and displaying an excellent paced ride within the speed limit, making very good progress,considering we had a little drizzle which made the road surface a little tricky in places.Making two extremely text book overtakes.Dan was on his new BMW Adventurer, Vanessa pillion looking very comfortable, and looked like he had been riding that sort of machine for years instead of only a couple of months. 😉 Had a bit of a calamity when riding position 2 along the road passed Cawston Hall. Having hit a ridge on the road my Top Box managed to separate from the base plate hitting me in the back but luckily not falling into the road.The metal had crystalized causing it to fracture. 😮 Good job it did not happen 5 weeks ago when I was in Scotland loaded up???. Going to cost me £50.00 to replace unless I can wangle a replacement under the now expired warranty by 3 months.Thanks to all my fellow riders for a perfect display of how advanced riding should be conducted.Excellent hot doughnuts and coffee at the end too.
Chris Dade (Duty Observer for the Day) 😀

BladeVFR
Pro
Post Re: Sunday Ride To Sea Palling
on: August 17, 2014, 18:05

A good turn out all round - Observers, full members, Associates and new riders. 🙂

My group consisted of full member Peter, Observer Ged and newly joined Roger.

Roger soon got into the swing of things and gave an excellent first ride. First ride can be a daunting experience - being watched, riding in a tight group, trying not get lost ( 😉 ) is a lot to think about!
Following a constructive and helpful debrief, Peter then took up the reins, and following another debrief I then gave a demo ride to Sea Palling.
A thoroughly demanding, beneficial and enjoyable ride - thank you to all in my group. 🙂

I hope all the Observers will take every opportunity to wear their caps - I somehow keep forgetting to bring mine along 😉

Shooter560
on: August 18, 2014, 20:20

Nice to ride with you and cheers for the feedback, all taken on board 🙂

Was a pity on the rack mount, still at least it did mean we weren't possibly involved with the car crash. Just a thought if you have no joy with the dealer, I might be able to make an alloy version of the plastic if thats any help

gaz
on: August 19, 2014, 21:01

Had every intention of attending but went to the bike Saturday afternoon to go out with my associate Paul, only to find a screw happily embedded in the rear tyre, and I so want one one of those caps!!!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.
%d bloggers like this: