Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Masters
Framey
Advanced
Post Masters
on: August 28, 2015, 18:49

As an examiner, I am often asked, what can I do next ?

The IAM Masters programme is the ultimate recognition for a civilian driver or rider to attain.

Masters is open to all accomplished advanced drivers and riders, it offers true ‘one to one’ mentoring support and guidance that will help you attain the highest level of civilian driving standard in the country.

What does the programme consist of?

Building on your skills as an advanced road user already the Masters programme will help enhance and develop your ability in the following areas:
•applying cornering principles
•Assessing, planning and executing safe overtaking manoeuvres
•Recognising opportunities to make safe progress (within the speed limits)
•Improving observation, anticipation and awareness consistent with vehicle speed
•Applying sound judgement of speed and distance

Once you and your mentor feel that you are ready IAM will offer you a ninety minute test comprising of theory session and extended drive or ride. You will be scored on a series of criteria and able to achieve a pass for 70%+ and a distinction for 80%+.

As Mentors, there is myself, or any other examiner, who is willing to participate. Also Phil Sheriff, National Observer, who recently passed his Masters with distinction.

Its not for everybody, the challenge is immense. Information can be found on the IAM website.

You can also chat to myself or Phil. We are also willing to ride with you and give you realistic feedback as to whether you have the potential, and if not, how to develop.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.
%d bloggers like this: